Conservatorio di Musica Giuseppe Martucci Salerno

AFAM verticale

MIUR logo small

  • Home
  • Conservatoire
  • History

History

 

The Salerno State Conservatoire 'Giuseppe Martucci', located in Street Salvatore De Renzi, has descended from a music school founded during the Bourbon reign (1819). Over about two centuries, it acquired different legal frameworks:

  • Music School, until 1953;
  • Institute recognised as equivalent to a Music High School, until 1963;
  • Branch of the Naples Conservatoire 'S. Pietro a Majella', until 1980;
  • Independent Conservatoire, until today.

The main historical information about this Institution, which through the years has received international rewards for either its activity or its numerous students’ record of distinction, is summarised below.

 

stemmaGiuseppe Martucci Salerno State Conservatoire

Via Salvatore De Renzi 62, 84125 Salerno SA Italy

Telephone: +39 (0) 89 241086 / +39 (0) 89 237713 - Fax: +39 (0) 89 2582440
P.Iva: 95003210655

PEC: conservatoriosalerno@pec.it - Email: protocollo@consalerno.it